KSIIDC as designated as the nodal agency for development of a Sea port at Tadadi on PPP basis. Following is the status of the project:
- KSIIDC has incorporated a special purpose company viz., “Tadadi Port Limited” paid up Capital – Rs. 5.00 lakhs.
Status of Project
- About 1420 acres of land available for Port
- Detailed Feasibility Report (DFR) – prepared by Consortium of M/s Prointec (Spain) and M/s Mir Projects & Consultants
Ultimate capacity of 62.36 mtpa (8 berths); Estimated project cost – Rs. 4318 crore (2017 rates).
- EIA and CRZ Studies – by National Environment Engineering & Research Institute
- CRZ clearance – Obtained
- EIA report & also additional studies report submitted to MoEF & CC.
- MoEF & CC – Environmental Clearance.
- Expert Appraisal Committee (EAC) has recommended for Environment Clearance with certain conditions (27 No’s), including Stage – I Forest Clearance & valuation of bivalves in the estuary region.
- Study on valuation of bivalves – Department of Studies in Marine Biology, Karwar. Report is ready.
- Stage – I Forest clearance for about 200 hectares of mangroves – awaited.
- Bid documents are under finalization by iDeCK (TA).
On obtaining forest and environmental clearances, tendering process (RFQ) will be initiated.